An upcoming factory management game about profits and ethics
- Fire!by Harry JenkinsA factory is a dangerous place. A neglected factory in the developing world, even more so. The are many examples of sweatshops being directly responsible for the deaths of their workers. Whether it’s building collapse, catching fire, or exertion, these places are extremely dangerous. Sweatshops don’t advertise their presence. They are used by retailers to make good as cheaply as possible. However, when a tragedy happens, like that of the Tazreen Fashions factory, catching fire in 2012, or just five months later, the Rana Plaza Disaster which killed over 1100 people, the general public is once again reminded of the […]
- Cinematics and Steamby Rhys LambleCreation of the cinematics for the trailer, as well as setting up positions for cinematic screenshots.
- Audioby Rhys LambleHow audio plays a big role in Division of Labour
- Particlesby Rhys LambleBasic particles were added to give visual feedback to the player and add fire.
- Art Process – Skeleton Binding and Exportby Qingyuan XuRequirements: Create skeletons that match the game character to create animations. Thoughts and Ideas: The process of binding the character bones was very complicated for me. I made a lot of mistakes during the process and experienced many failures but eventually achieved a stage of success. So I will focus on documenting the lessons I learned and hope that it will be useful for developers reading this blog. Blender has a “Automatic Weights” function: Blender is constantly being updated, especially of more and more useful and time-saving features. For example, I would like to start by talking about the automatic […]
- FactoryOS Improvementsby Rhys LambleFactoryOS quality of life improvmenets